We offer free parking in our parking lot with valet service during peak hours. We realize that at certain times it can be very frustrating to find an available space in the lot. We have built the maximum number of spaces possible on our site and are working on ways to ease the strain of parking, including moving some classes and activities around to different days and times.
Below are our safe parking guidelines and some suggestions to help with parking issues:
- Please be mindful that Mead Place is a residential neighborhood and therefore, we encourage members to park in the YMCA lot to ensure the safety of the residents who live there, and to abide by the various parking restrictions on the neighboring streets of the YMCA (e.g., one side of the street parking on Mead).
- There is no left turn out of the Y lot and no right turn into the lot from residential part of Mead Place. Signage reflecting this is clearly in place.
- Make use of the valet service that is available M-F, 8am – 7:00pm and Saturdays 8am – 2pm.
- Please note that during peak usage hours, cars may be double parked to accommodate as many members as possible. Our valets will need to move cars in and out, so please factor in more time when arriving and departing the YMCA
- Don’t forget to leave your keys with the parking attendant when valet parking!
- For everyone’s safety, park in designated spaces only.
- Compact spaces are for compact cars only.
- The speed limit in our parking area is 5 mph. Please be safe, do not speed.
- Consider carpooling, biking, or visiting during off peak hours. We also offer classes at Wainwright House.
- Only park in the Y lot when you are actually using the Y. Commuter parking is absolutely forbidden!
- When at maximum capacity, and in rare instances only, the valets have been instructed to temporarily close the lot until spaces become available. This is done in order to keep the lot safe and passage in/out of the lot clear for members and emergency vehicles.
Everyone’s experience at the Y will improve if the suggestions above are taken seriously. The Y’s four core values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility need to be exemplified both inside the building and in the parking lot.
We thank you in advance for your cooperation and patience!