LIVESTRONG AT THE YMCA
View above video to learn more about the program at the Rye YMCA
Cancer is a life-changing disease that takes a tremendous physical and emotional toll on those affected. The Y and LIVESTRONG have joined together to create LIVESTRONG at the YMCA, a research-based physical activity and well-being program designed to help adult cancer survivors reclaim their total health.
Participants work with Y staff trained in supportive cancer care to safely achieve their goals such as building muscle mass and strength; increasing flexibility and endurance; and improving confidence and self-esteem. By focusing on the whole person and not the disease, LIVESTRONG at the YMCA is helping people move beyond cancer in spirit, mind and body.
The program includes:
• Free 12-week adult Y membership
• Two free 75 minute classes per week
• Full access to the Y seven days a week
CRITERIA FOR PARTICIPATION
• Class is available for individuals currently undergoing cancer treatment as well as those who have completed their treatment
and are looking to regain health and improve quality of life.
• Strong personal desire. Patient needs to enroll in program, rather than a family member.
• Personally commit to attending all classes
• Inform their physician of their plan to join the program and obtain a signed medical clearance form.
• Give permission for Y Fitness staff to call physician or person giving treatment when necessary.
• Participate in an interview with our Survivor Advocate, complete a confidential health assessment and
program registration forms.
To learn more about LIVESTRONG at the YMCA, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org